Thursday, August 23, 2012

Art Princess Progress


The art-tiara-princess-portrait-thing (in case you haven’t noticed, I’m not good with titles) is coming along. I’ve gone out of my sketchbook and into the good 16X20 paper, and I’d guess that I’m about 1/3 of the way done.
Here’s a close-up of the portrait. I’m still not 100% percent sure that the shading and stuff is right, though.

Now here’s an outline of the tiara and the portrait. It’s not a particularly girly tiara, just the way I like it.

After I had it all drawn, I didn’t know what I would do for a background, because I had decided to use ink for the tiara and not color, so I was asking myself, Should I make it a rainbow, more ink, a solid color, what? Then an idea just came to me: a rainbow emanating from the tiara itself. You can sort of see it in this picture of the revised sketch:

The tiara fully drawn out in pencil:

The tiara fully inked in:

What the whole piece looks like now:

I’m anxious to see how this turns out!

1 comment:

  1. Abby this is fabulous progress! Keep up the great work, we'll talk in class this week but I'm happy to see all of your posts!

    ReplyDelete