Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Progress Before School Starts


One short day, and I’m back in school! How should I spend my last day of summer vacation? Blogging of course!
Here’s a piece that I’ve been meaning to post but just keep forgetting about. I did this in my watercolor class that I took over the summer.
 I’m not 100% certain on my art-tiara-portrait thing as I was in the last post, but I think I’ll post the new pictures anyway, just to keep it up-to-date.

I have been working on a new piece for the past week or so, and I think it came out really nicely. It’s a sketch that I made sophomore year of what I call the “Creative Bubble” In a nutshell, it’s the doodles that float around in this super crazy mind on paper in bubble form. When I first thought of it in tenth grade I had started it on a giant canvas, but it turned out to be a disaster. So this summer I thought I’d try it again, this time on black paper with pastels, and I think it looks totally awesome.

Here’s the original sketch:

Then what I like to call the skeleton of the piece (as you can see, some stuff in the bubble changed since the original sketch)

The first bits of color:

½ done with the color:

½ done with the piece:

Yes, that is my cat. Natasha was helping me throughout this project, so it seems only fair I give her a little credit.

Lightening the color:

Close-Ups:

Final Piece:

I know everyone else my age would kill me for saying this, but I really want to go back to school.

Gotta get back to Hogwarts, gotta get back to school... (A Very Potter Musical)

No comments:

Post a Comment