Monday, August 13, 2012

Art Princess Sketches


Lately, I've been trying to work a lot on portraits lately in the beautiful yet twisted thing I call my sketchbook. I came up with an idea that I want to use for AP Art, but I’m not entirely sure which media to use.
I started with this sketch using a photo of myself, not really knowing what I’d do with it, but it ended up looking so cool that I knew I had to use it for something.

Then I fooled with some lines and made this weird sketch of a girl with no face. 

As weird as it is, it helped inspire the tiara in that first sketch. The tiara shown here is made of art and music stuff, and in my sketch book, I’m in the process of inking in the details.

I know that I need to do myself in pencil or charcoal or something of that nature to show that I can do portraits well and I can draw people pretty realistically and all that stuff that’s good in fine arts. It’s the tiara that’s bugging me: ink would be intricate and dark, which, in addition to making it look awesome, is kind of my signature media at this point. However, I’m tempted to do the tiara in colored pencil, since I’d really be able to emphasize that it is an artist’s tiara, especially since the whole concept of the piece is sort of my coronation into the art world. I don’t know what to do.
I got awesome feedback from that Monochromatic Still Life. I only need to make a tiny change.
One last thing- I’ve decided to start sketching song lyrics again, which should prove, at the very least, interesting.
Live long and prosper (you cannot tell, but I’m giving you the Vulcan handshake).

No comments:

Post a Comment