Saturday, June 1, 2013

I am BACK!

Once again, I apologize for not living up to all the stuff I said this blog would be. Senior year of high school is absolutely NOT a picnic, especially with AP classes. However, summer's coming up, and FREEDOM!!!!!!!
I'm not making any promises on posting regularity, but it will be a lot more often than before. And hopefully I'll have the motivation to post more once I get to Moore.
Yes, you read that right. Come September, I'll be a freshman at Moore College of Art and Design in Philadelphia!!!! It's really really really exciting!!
But first I have to post my senior year stuff. I guess I'll do posts by media, since this year was such a blur that I can't remember when I did what. 
And I will try to find interesting art stuff like I said, cause it's cool.

So I guess I'll start with some pencils and pastels. This one is for my Breadth section of the portfolio. It's a pinecone hanging from a tree in our school courtyard. It's chalk pastels and charcoals blended together on a 12x18 sheet of paper. 

 This one is out of my 8x10 sketchbook. I like to take shots from movies or TV shows and draw them in pencils for fun. This is another drawing of Arwen from the Lord of the Rings. I think it's still a work in progress but I like what I have so far.


This is another one from the sketchbook, and also in pencil and colored pencil. I call it "Pond."


This is just a page of doodles. I was at a restaurant with my family (my favorite thing to do in the world :/ ) and I got kinda bored. 



This is an actual piece, also in the Breadth section of the portfolio. It was our midterm project - we had a choice of two different still lives, and it was this skeleton or a bunch of boring vases and rocks- and we had to complete the whole piece, start to finish, in the 90 minute midterm period (though no one did). This skeleton was really tricky and it was EXCRUCIATING to do it but I did it. And I kind of broke the rules a little with the "Dare to Dream," but I didn't want a boring skeleton without some color. But hey, isn't art all about breaking the rules? ;)


All right, that's it for now. I'll post some more soon, including my exciting Fairy Tale concentration!


No comments:

Post a Comment